Sunday, May 1, 2011

Picture Assignment




When taking the pictures I didn’t ask for permission. For the picture of a friend I went up to my brother and said “I’m taking your picture!” He was rather caught off guard. For the one of the stranger I’m not even sure they were aware I was taking their picture. As far as the editing I did to the pictures I only cropped the one of myself, but that was because I was trying to take a picture of myself by myself and all the pictures came out pretty bad. On that picture I’m not really sure what I was going for with it. I didn’t really like any of my shots. I started playing with the tint and saturation in the background just to try to make it more subdued. I ended up lowering the contrast and the saturation a lot and I noticed the painting in the background was red on one side of me and blue on the other so I tinted the wall behind the painting subtly the same colors to give it a warm and cold feel. On second one I Made the picture black and white and then raised the contrast so that it would look more interesting because it originally was a lot of similar shades of grey. On the last on I wanted to draw most of the focus on the boy so I simply made everything else black and white and left him in color. Besides lighting and exposure I did like adding different color filters to different portions of the same pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment