Saturday, April 2, 2011






My experimentation with fonts on this assignment was rather minimal, I scrolled through and looked at the selection available until I found one that looked interesting to me, but that was about the extent of it. For the most part though I just picked a typeface I liked and went with it. I wanted to let the style of the font dictate the final design image. I didn’t really do any experimentation too much beyond that though. I feel some advantages were that I needed less time to get started and start manipulating the letters themselves and that I was able to focus more on the design of the image rather than the individual components . As for disadvantages I guess I would say that there are many other designs that I haven’t thought of because I didn’t experiment very much. I don’t have any personal connection with the letters I chose them mostly for their shape. I did a little planning for a few of the images so I had already decided on a letter that would be best suited for the design. I did not resaturize my letters to manipulate them. I wanted the letters to be as smooth as possible without any of the blockyness that would be a result of over manipulating an object in Photoshop. So I kept them as text so that they would remain vector objects. This was somewhat cumbersome when there were many copied layers; I believe one image had over seven hundred layers when done.

1 comment:

  1. These are all strong, but I find the one with the red diagonal stripe to be outstanding. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete